Every 13th of September brings ‘Positive Thinking Day’ and ‘Roald Dahl Day’. Perfect timing to check out some of Roald Dahl’s most inspiring quotes – positive mind here we come…….
If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely
– The Twits. Said about Mrs Twit because quite the opposite happened to her.
Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it
– The Minpins. The last line in the book which is the last of Roald Dahl’s children’s books.
Well, maybe it started that way. As a dream, but doesn’t everything. Those buildings. These lights. This whole city. Somebody had to dream about it first.
– James and the Giant Peach. James bring to explain how this bizarre scenario is actually reality – first he dreamy it and then it actually happened!
I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. He taught me that if you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it at full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good.
– My Uncle Oswald. Does this need further explanation…?!
‘The matter with human beans,’ the BFG went on, ‘is that they is absolutely refusing to believe anything unless they is actually seeing it right in front of their own schnozzles.’
– The BFG. The Friendly Giant talking about how human ‘beans’ don’t believe in giants because they haven’t seen them.